Sunday, April 20, 2008

Things that change








This Friday, I decided to go on a hiking after a long time. Thankfully, the great falls park locates only 30 minutes away from where I live. Friday morning allowed me to enjoy the benefit of light traffic and got me to my destination with a relaxed and joyful heart.

Green, green and more green. I could not find even a small trace of winter anywhere in the park.

The winter has gone. All the snow covered trees and the icy breeze I claim that I still remember and even feel when I close my eyes have just disappeared like they were never there.

As time goes by, things change. The color of the trees, smell of the air, people's outfit and many other things... Just like from extra hot cafe latte to frozen frappuccino in my hand.

We all look forward to those little or big changes all through our lives. Probably, that's what keeps us to keep go on and live. Waiting for different things to happen and feel alive watching and live through them.

However, sometimes, I feel that I don't want any more change in my life.

Sometimes I wish I have this little perfect schedule that I can follow everyday so I don't need to worry about what I am going to or should do tomorrow.

Everything is so predictable that I can just relax and have no doubt in my mind.

No ups and downs in my life?? This may make me look like a control freak.

I also cannot deny that loosing control is one of my biggest fears.

But I am in a process of learning to admit the change and just deal with it. No matter how much I want the situation to stay just the way it is, things always change. Facing the change is not the easiest or the happiest thing to do and makes us scared to death sometimes. However, this is life. Just step by step, we deal with the change and keep go on. All we have to do is to realize that we all do have the power and the strength to keep walking through the woods of our life. A change never is the end.

No comments: