Wednesday, April 23, 2008

How much do you love the city?



I love my city. Wherever that is, I just love the city I have my life in.
Seoul...I spent all my life in this city until I came to the U.S.
Even until now, I swear that I can see and feel everything in that city when I close my eyes. Every street I walked, the noise of the cars, the smell of the air and all the little places where I spent time with my good friends.
My Favorite part was walking down the street with a fresh brewed coffee on my hand when the city was just preparing to wake up for a new day beginning.
You can only see the glipse of the sun through the blue grey sky and street is so quiet you feel that somebody might hear what you are thinking in your mind.
It's just one of the most pure beauties you can ever experience.
Washington D.C... now I live here. I've been here for about almost 5 years now.
If I be more accurate, I live in Fairfax which is a city about 25 minutes away from DC. However, I spent most of my time in DC when I first got here.
Every morning 8:30, I was on M street. Drop by the small coffee shop owned by a very kind lady with a smile every morning and I got my coffee and biscotti.
I was pretty much lonely at that time, so her friendly smile and little words meant so much. I wonder if she will remember me still...
As time goes by, I made friends with everyone. The clerks at the shops, some homeless guys I see everyday, some people I chat very often without knowing name. Juslike that, I fell in love with the city.
I don't know if I love Seoul or DC more now.
Right this moment, I close my eyes and I feel the blocks on the street under my feet. I feel that I can just keep walking into the night along the street.
It could be Seoul... or it could be DC.
Would you like to join me?

No comments: